AIA Hampton Roads Job Postings
Job Postings are the companies (exclusive) posting sent (directly) to the inboxes of approximately 1300 people in the Hampton Roads in the design industry.
- The ad will be sent on the date you request if payment is made over the phone with credit card. If a check is sent to the Chapter office, the ad will not be distributed until the check payment is received. Check can be made payable to:
24 Dashiell Drive
Smithfield, VA 23430
If you are an AIA Member, the fee is $100 per posting
- If you are a non-member, the fee is $125 per posting
- Please include your website link. The ad will be posted (and linked to your website) on AIA Hampton Road’s website (www.aiahr.com<membership<jobposting) for one week
- The ad should be approximately 150 words (this is flexible). It can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word document or jpeg.
- If you would like your logo included, please send it in jpeg format. (Suggested image file size is 100KB or less with a maximum of 800 pixels wide. Constant Contact will attempt to automatically compress images over 350KB or 800 pixels wide and this may affect image quality.
- A draft of the job posting will be sent to you for your approval before distributing to all.
Please contact the Chapter Office if you need any more information, email@example.com or 757.356.9971.
A design oriented architecture and planning firm, Saunders+Crouse Architects is looking for an intern architect or newly licensed architect for exciting, challenging projects in primarily urban settings such as Roanoke, Richmond, Norfolk & Virginia Beach. We are looking for talented professionals excited about sustainable community architecture. Projects include planning, urban housing, corporate offices, hospitality projects, arts projects and mixed use buildings.
If you have the desire to advance your capabilities, work in a collaborative open environment, and have fun doing exciting projects, THEN we want to hear from you. In addition to a desire to excel and work in a collaborative office, we are also looking for the following qualifications:
• 2-4 years Professional Experience
• B. Arch required
• Strong Design and technical Skills
• Previous experience working on complex projects in all phases of design
• Proficiency with REVIT strongly preferred.
• Hand-drawing skills.
• Experience preparing design presentations and production drawings required
If you have these qualifications, please send your resume and portfolio to:
John H. Crouse AIA, LEED BD+C
291 Independence Blvd. Suite 400
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- Waller, Todd & Sadler Architects are currently seeking an Architect/Project Manager with extensive experience in educational facility projects including K-12 and Higher Education, who is a self starter with at least 10 years of experience. Applicants shall have exceptional project management skills and the ability to successfully direct a project from pre-design to construction.
Skills shall include:
• Excellent knowledge of architectural design, detailing and construction methodologies
• Emphasis on teamwork, coordination and management of consultants and in-house staff
• Ability to meet and manage schedules and budgets
• Revit experience is a plus but not required
• Degree in architecture; Registration preferred but not required
This is a great opportunity to join an experienced, award-winning, and growing firm. We have an excellent compensation and benefits package.
To submit your resume, please visit www.wtsarch.com/careers/ OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Structural Engineer
McPherson Design Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Structural Engineer with substantial possibilities for growth within our firm. All Applicants must be professional and motivated. A competitive salary and benefit package will be offered to qualified Applicants. If interested, please email Resume to email@example.com.
McPherson Design Group is an established small business (SWaM #7368) located in Norfolk, Virginia. We have been in business for 32 years and we are registered in 40 States. McPherson Design Group has successfully completed projects with various Developers, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Geotechnical and Civil Engineering Firms, General Contractors, Municipalities, and State/Federal Government. Projects include Design-Build; Historical Preservation, Renovation, and Adaptive Re-use; Commercial/Office; Financial Institutions; Hangars/Airport; Higher Education; Hotel/Hospitality; Housing; Industrial/Manufacturing; Institutional; K-12; Libraries; Medical/Dental Facilities; Parking Structures; Public Safety; Recreational; Religious Facilities; Restaurants/Dining Facilities; Retail/Shopping Centers; Waterfront Structures; Water/Wastewater Treatment Structures; etc.
Architectural Intern / CADD Technician
Looking for an opportunity to increase your involvement, knowledge and understanding of the building/design construction field? Riddick Fiedler Stern pc, Architects, has an opening for a motivated, responsible individual interested in a challenging/rewarding career.
Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in an architectural office, be skilled in AutoCad Architecture, and have a thorough understanding of architectural construction documents. Benefits include health, dental, disability and life insurance and 401k plan. We are located in the historic Freemason Harbor area of downtown Norfolk with free parking.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Architect/Project Manager
James River Architects is looking for a talented senior architect with a minimum of ten (10) years experience who is seeking a career in a design-oriented firm with potential ownership opportunity.
James River Architects is a ten-year-old firm with an extensive resume of significant projects, i.e. The Mariner's Museum Monitor Center, Wolseley North America Headquarters campus (numerous projects), Orthopedic and Spine Center (Port Warwick, Newport News), Hampton Roads Academy and The Achievable Dream Middle and High Schools. Project types include, but not limited to corporate offices, medical, private schools, churches, industrial and recreational/community centers. Our office offers a pleasant low-key environment while maintaining a professional workspace.
For a more detailed description of the position and candidate requirements, please visit our website: www.jamesriverarchitects.com/careers.html