AIA Hampton Roads Job Postings
• Job Postings are the companies (exclusive) posting sent (directly) to the inboxes of approximately 1300 people in the Hampton Roads in the design industry.
• The ad will be sent on the date you request if payment is made over the phone with credit card. If a check is sent to the Chapter office, the ad will not be distributed until the check payment is received. Check can be made payable to:
24 Dashiell Drive
Smithfield, VA 23430
• If you are an AIA Member, the fee is $100 per posting
• If you are a non-member, the fee is $125 per posting
• Please include your website link. The ad will be posted (and linked to your website) on AIA Hampton Road’s website (www.aiahr.com<membership<jobposting) for one week
• The ad should be approximately 150 words (this is flexible). It can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in word document or jpeg.
• If you would like your logo included, please send it in jpeg format. (Suggested image file size is 100KB or less with a maximum of 800 pixels wide. Constant Contact will attempt to automatically compress images over 350KB or 800 pixels wide and this may affect image quality.
• A draft of the job posting will be sent to you for your approval before distributing to all.
Please contact the Chapter Office if you need any more information, email@example.com, 757.356.9971.
Architectural Graduate Wanted
Guernsey Tingle Architects, Williamsburg, VA
Looking for a recent Architecture School graduate with 1-2 years of experience to join our team.
Guernsey Tingle Architects is a design-oriented architectural and interior design firm established in the 1980's. The firm has earned a reputation for design excellence and creative problem-solving. Our work includes sustainable design, recreational facilities, medical facilities, churches, resorts, custom homes and historic building renovations. The projects are as small as a home addition or signage design; and as large as a 130,000 SF senior housing renovation or a behavioral health hospital. The work is varied, and we all perform multiple tasks. We recognize the pressures of tight deadlines, budgets, and demanding clients, but strive for a low-key, pleasant work environment with low turnover and long-term employment.
Our benefits include medical, dental, retirement, gym membership, continuing education opportunities, and an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
Qualified candidates shall:
- Hold a Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture degree
- Have design and graphics strengths as well as good organizational and communication skills
- Have 1-2 years of experience in an architectural office
- Be proficient in AutoCAD ADT, Revit, Sketchup, graphic and spreadsheet programs
We are looking for the brightest and best to grow with us, and help carry our firm to the next level of design and professional strength.
We are an EEO/AA (Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action) Employer
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
SPC has an immediate need for a field inspector. SPC provides structural engineering and construction inspection services for a wide range of projects including public works, commercial, industrial, residential, and waterfront construction. When hired you will perform building third party inspection activities in Virginia Beach, VA and the surrounding areas. You should have comprehensive knowledge of the latest IBC codes [2000-2012]. The ideal candidates will have construction knowledge of commercial and residential structures.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in commercial and residential construction is required. Prior experience in construction inspection and/or third party inspection activities is a plus.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work well independently and with others as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly absorb and utilize company-specific techniques, standards and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate with other disciplines effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential for team-based working.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
Please indicate your compensation expectations. SPC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401K plan, paid time off, and more.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
SPC does not supply vehicles. You will need a dependable vehicle to travel to your assigned projects. Compensation for work travel will be provided in the form of mileage reimbursement. You must also possess a valid driver's license with good driving record.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville is a dynamic and growing University town conveniently located close to the coast and other regional treasures. Weoffer a competitive salary based on experience, as well as an excellent benefits package. Candidates must demonstrate professional drive, communication skills, and proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office. Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited school required. Please submit cover letter, resume, portfolio, and other supporting documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JKF Architecture is expanding its Design Team and is currently seeking Registered Architects with 5-8 years' experience and/or Architectural Designers/Interns with at least 3-5 years project experience to join us in Greenville, NC. Founded in 1998, JKF Architecture boasts a diverse portfolio of transformative design projects across Eastern North Carolina that vary widely in type, scope, and complexity.
JKF Architecture is committed to the professional growth of its employees and providing an opportunity for involvement in all aspects of the design process. Our projects have received awards from the most important stakeholder, our clients, all based on the level of service and dedication we provide. We are a team that takes pride in the client-based approach to design and implementation.
Call for ARCHITECTS and DESIGNERS
Hanbury Evans Wright Vlattas + Company is looking for talented architects who are passionate about design. Our firm is committed to continual learning for its employees, enhancing strong client relationships, extensive research and deep knowledge in higher education projects, and a thoughtful and inspiring design process. Candidate requirements include Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture and visualization skills using Revit, SketchUp, and physical model building. Other design technology skills are encouraged.
Hanbury Evans Wright Vlattas + Company is a firm that encourages personal growth and offers competitive salary and benefits packages. Our firm has an attractive international portfolio of projects and opportunities. Visit us at www.hewv.com/careers where you can learn more and contact us regarding career opportunities. Please submit resume to Nick Vlattas at email@example.com. EOE.
Our design philosophy: We believe architecture can impart a sense of joy and optimism to life. Our buildings are an offering to that vitality - where craftsmanship, memory and place, might enrich the lives of those touched by the spaces and forms we shape. We believe buildings that endure and are loved matter.